Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Monday 22 March 2010

Citroen Racer Restored

The opportunity arose for me to take some shots of the newly restored 1924 Citroen B12 Sports Racing Car, and so I grabbed the opportunity in the hope I might also get a chance to drive her.

The weather was warm changeable, but bright, so after watching and providing some minimal assistance to Alex checking valve clearances, plugs and magneto, it was time to start her – she fired up second swing, and the exhaust sound was crisp and even. So it was all aboard for the milk run – a trip through the lanes to Burnham Village for two pints! Alex felt he was providing a service to the community in bring smiles to the faces of all who heard and saw us!

I cannot say it was the most comfortable of rides as it definitely was not, but exhilarating it was, and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. On our return I was rewarded with a short drive to bring the car from the front of the house to the barn, worth every second! Alex took the camera from me to get a shot of me behind the wheel – note my more mundane transport in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment