Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 23 March 2012

Sawston Village Concert, West Road Concert Hall

Catherine invited me to her girls’ first concert at their new school, where they would be singing with the choir, and other year’s students would be playing in various groups and in a wide range of musical genres.

We arrived at West Road Concert Hall on the Sidgwick Site in Cambridge with seconds to spare in finely controlled panic, Martin took the girls in whilst Catherine and I sought to find somewhere to park the car; once parked we half-walked and half-ran from one side of the site to the other and upon arrival took ourselves to the balcony overlooking the stage, which proved to be an excellent viewpoint from a photographic standpoint. It was also handy that the level of lighting was good and covered most of the stage area.

Catherine and I sat one box back from the front with me positioned at the edge. I was somewhat concerned that I did not obscure the view for the mother and daughter behind who were present when we arrived, but fortunately they were extremely accommodating, though I did apologise and hoped I did not spoil their view too often. The mother was very chatty and had been on a First Aid Course that day and was due to do so again the day following, so was mugging up in her textbook and hoping for a good pass later.

I tried to judge when I could take shots without being obtrusive, and that meant that I could not chance taking shots of the Recorder Group in case the sound of my shutter boomed across the auditorium above their subtle notes. Because the time set on the two camera bodies was different, the shots are almost certainly out of chronological order which is a shame, but overall I am happy that I have captured some of the spirit of the evening, in particular some of the humour of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment