Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Monday 13 May 2013

Afternoon Interlude at Stockwood


Desk clear, sun intermittently shining; Computer screen or Camera viewfinder? – Camera and Macro lens wins! A short drive to Stockwood Discovery Centre, a wander around the gardens, looking for subjects and one of the gardeners who I had heard was back after a spell in hospital. Nowhere to be found, so started taking photos, and then Jan turns up, I was then invited like royalty into the greenhouse. Bear in mind it was none too warm outside despite the sun as the wind was chilly and I had donned a pullover. Foolishly I did not immediately strip this off so I soon realised this was a bad mistake as saunas can be less hot and humid than how it was in here!

Jan introduced me to her apprentice, a tall lad called Sam, who was obviously keenly learning with a good mentor, I took a few shots as we chatted, and she suggested Sam look at what I had shot, and he seemed happy with my efforts. Jan also showed me some shots of her own of a simply magnificent frog they had seen in the greenhouse. I do hope that his recent non-appearance is not down to being overcome by heat as I have never seen such a varied number of colours on a frog, it was truly fantastic, and Jan had some very good shots of it. I hope I get a chance at photographing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment