Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 19 May 2013

Bluebell Wood near Preston

I went for another walk in a Bluebell Wood, close to Preston in Hertfordshire, and parking nearby found something resembling liana vines in a scene from a Tarzan novel. Before entering the wood I also noted how badly this year's weather had damaged our crops – in some fields between 30 and 50% had been lost – a sure sign the cost of our food in the coming year will be considerably more expensive.

I travelled up a lane, and accidentally strayed into the grounds of a cottage, but fortunately I was soon routed back to the public footpath, and despite the very low light levels managed to capture the abundance of bluebells carpeting the wood. The golden brown of last season's leaves formed the pathways through, and the lush new leaves seemed to float in horizontal clouds, with here and there brighter glimpses of open land beyond. There were even a few tentative signs of weak sunshine towards the end of my walk, but even 'fleeting' is an exaggeration for how long they appeared.

After I returned to the car and had a welcome sip of hot coffee, I drove first to Tringford, then on to Westcott near Waddesdon to return my grandson's coat which had accidentally been left behind, and as I approached Quainton, where a Thomas the Tank Engine can sometimes be seen, I spotted a bright Virgin Hot Air Balloon preparing to take off in the evening calm; I took some shots from where I first saw it, then drove to the railway bridge to get a couple of shots as it headed east towards Waddesdon and Aylesbury, and then I headed for Pitchcott and Whitchurch and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment