Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Goodwood 2015 – Revival Meeting

Having already enjoyed a splendid day at Goodwood Revival on the Friday, I assumed that I could not be so lucky weatherwise on my second visit of the weekend, but I had not counted on the excellent contacts Lord March must have up above, for despite some suggestions that we would not be so lucky on the second day we had yet another day of fine weather.

The journey south was freer of cars on the motorways as it was no longer a weekday, so it was both leisurely and speedy and both Andy and I were able to get our cameras sorted quickly in the Old Control Tower, so that we saw and listened to the band playing on the Startline for the Track Blessing. Followed by the Gassers Demonstration performed by a varied assortment of  American themed cars burning rubber and being assisted by a Red Indian offering a Goodwill Dance for each entrant and the equally frenetic Startline Marshal flagging each one off!

As that display came to an end I took Andy through the tunnel beneath the track and entered the Pits area and later the area close to the Chicane. Despite not seeing Simon Diffey’s name in the programme, I did spot the car I had seen him drive in previous years a Type 51 Bugatti and recognised his gold crash helmet, so I was able to follow his race, and later see mechanics working on the car in the Paddock.

There is far too much to cover in a single day at Goodwood, so I outlined for Andy a few of the regular attractions and I did form the impression that he was enjoying himself and he felt that the effort of acquiring the outfit and its accoutrements had been worthwhile. Like me he was impressed by how friendly everyone was and how many would engage themselves in conversations with total strangers.

Knowing Andy’s interest in aircraft we also headed towards the airstrip and spent some time wandering amongst the static ones as well as those in the sky. Whilst in the Old Control Tower we met the New Zealand High Commissioner’s wife and I made sure I took some shots of the pair of them as they later drove around the circuit as part of the Bruce Mclaren Tribute. Lord March led the tribute by reading of Bruce’s career moments and achievements from the Starters Steps erected centre track and it was good to see Jackie Stewart amongst those in the forefront of all the drivers coming to show their respect. It is truly amazing that Bruce is one of the few men that have been winners of races in a car he designed and built; that he drove and won so many championships, yet died at the age of only thirty-two and, whilst testing at this very circuit in 1970.

I got a call on my mobile in the afternoon from a friend who had bought his wife along to the event for the first time, and we arranged to try to meet up, and were successful. It was good to meet Alasdair after a gap of a few years as he was one of those who helped me understand the intricacies of computer networking, such that I could write that chapter in my book ‘Mac OSX for Photographers’ back in 2008.
I have been lucky to meet numerous really interesting people at Goodwood over the years and this weekend was no exception as I met an Opera Singer who was a friend of a Russian lady who had organised an exhibition of Lord March’s photographs in Moscow. Also because the noise levels are often very high conversations are more often one to one, so Andy was speaking to a different set of people to me. Sometime I must catch up with his discussions!

Once again I am really grateful for the opportunities offered by my being a guest of Lord March at this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment