Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Marsworth Afternoon Birds

It was warmer, and here at Marston Moretaine the sun came out briefly, so I thought it might also do so at Marsworth, and despite the lack of leaf cover, I might just get a chance to capture a shot or two of a kingfisher, however, though I did see the sun occasionally and on three occasions I did spot kingfishers in horizontal flight, but I suspect I was too visible and they passed me by or went behind the shrubs on the opposite shore.

As I walked between Startops End and Marsworth lake, bumble bees and midges were in abundance, and then as I came towards the Grand Union Canal I spotted a pair of courting swans – but, fleetingly! There were a small number of anglers but being a Monday only a handful of dog-walkers and one other photographer. As I settled to shooting in the hope of spotting a stationary kingfisher, I was visited by a Grebe, who came reasonably close and every half minute or less he would dive, but although I attempted to catch it as it dived, I was always too slow, but I did discover its ‘tell’ – it would fold its crest flat just a moment before diving, but knowing this I was still too slow! But maybe another time.

I caught sight of a Chaffinch and was lucky enough to get a single shot uncluttered by twigs, and a pair of Coots in a noisy chase, and later the Grebe achieved success and well within my field of vision, and I have created a gallery entirely to cover the event; I was pleased for it and felt equally rewarded by being able to record it.
So, on this occasion there is not one, but two Galleries.

Click Here for the Grebe's Success Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment