Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Monday 24 September 2018

Brogborough – A Very Windy Friday!

         Brogborough Lake on the Friday beckons with a strong breeze, and it is a welcome invitation to all the windsurfing community, that is not ignored.
         I arrive early and sense the air of expectancy, and capture some of the preparations, so since the number of shots takes some time to create the galleries, I have split them up so that my task is made manageable.
Here is the first Gallery Link – the preparation:

         I found myself capturing some of the other aspects on offer, a cormorant passing close to one of the sailors, gulls fishing, a distant heron landing, and billowing clouds in a blue sky, as well as the waves breaking on the foreshore in front of where I was located with my tripod. I was using the 150-600mm Sigma Sports lens on the EOS 7D MkII, and the 24-70mm on the 5D MkIII — the long lens on the sturdy Benbo, and the other handheld.
         The gusts we’re often strong enough to make even this weighty beast to threaten my stability! Also, I altered where I shot from, but this was a mistake on this occasion as I missed some of the action; in particular one series of jumps made by a windsurfer as I re-established my tripod.
It was quite an afternoon, Here is the next gallery: 

            So, if you wish to keep the correct chronology, rather than hit the Headline text first, you could click the links within the narrative then the Headline Text – just to keep you on your toes!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rod, some great shots from that windy Friday a fortnight ago at Brog! Do you plan to upload any more photos from later that afternoon? Thanks, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rod, some great shots from that windy Friday a fortnight ago at Brog! Do you plan to upload any more photos from later that afternoon? Thanks, James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello James, there maybe some later, but you have not left any contact details and Sam has none, so only here to respond, sorry,

    Rod

    ReplyDelete