Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 11 April 2020

Marston Moretaine - Circular Walk

At this moment in 2020 with the National Lockdown now around a month old, I find myself disappointed that at the new season of rebirth of the countryside is passing rapidly, yet my chances of capturing such images is diminishing with ever decreasing opportunities. Yet, the lighting is ideal and I am very aware of my responsibilities to observe the rationing of my time spent outdoors. I therefore venture out at the worst, every other day, by ensuring that at least a day after such a sortie, is spent in processing images I have taken during my outdoor exercise, sat at the computer creating a gallery of pictures I have managed to take during a walk at nearby spots deliberately chosen to avoid popular spots favoured by the majority.
        Sadly, as any reader of my blog narrative, will have noted, on my last excursion, I failed, and admitting defeat, cut short that walk prematurely due to the number of people sharing the route. The next outing will have to be a better choice, because although I need the exercise of a reasonably long walk, I do wish to select a time and place not favoured by too many others.
The gallery of images I am publishing on this occasion were all taken along the main road that passes my house, and a very short walk down some of the roads that intersect it, and despite being taken over probably just a single hour, were far more colourful and interesting than those taken earlier in the week, and I am fairly sure that during the entire time I was out I saw only one other person! So, at least in this village, most people are conscientiously adhering to the rules of disengagement. I suspect that at the weekend, I may have to forego any trip out, as possibly greater numbers will fail to resist the urge to be outside in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment