Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 23 July 2011

Tringford Birds Doing the Fishing!

I arrived at Tringford and took a wander along the Trout Stream, through the overgrown weeds to the bridge where there were innumerable water boatmen skittering across the surface. The lens was less than idea for the subjects as I was still hoping for a glimpse of a kingfisher.

Meeting up with the bailiff, Bob Menzies, I found just one fisherman out on the water, but though he managed no catches, the birds on the other hand were far more successful. The juvenile grebe was proud that within a five minute period he caught two fish, whilst the parent managed just one. I managed to capture both!

I spotted one common tern that had landed on the skeletal jetty remains on the far side of  the Tringford reservoir, but later after a short walk around the Marsworth lake, I was successful in capturing a tern in flight with its fishy mouthful. And I got a brief glimpse of a heron before it took flight.

So, despite Bob rowing me across the lake and my catching site of only a single heron; it was spooked without my getting a clear view of it, that trip was no more than a very tranquil journey across the still waters. Bob is very good that way. One thing I forgot to mention to Bob, was that I spotted that a bee is nesting beneath his left rowlock!

No comments:

Post a Comment