Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 12 August 2012

Brogborough Lake Activity

I had thought that there would be a fairly strong wind at Brogborough Lake, and that therefore there would be great opportunities for fast windsurfing, but arriving at the lake the wind was less strong than I had experienced at Caddington when setting off! The Windsurfing Club has changed ownership since I was last here, but the new owners were as happy as Tony had been that I could come along and take photos. Everyone was as friendly as it had been in the past, and I found myself in conversation with two photographers, one retired and one still working. It was a joy to be there.

Whilst there, I did set myself up with a low viewpoint, but because the wind was equally low, I spent much of the time just chatting with occasional bursts of activity. Whilst talking to Ian Jamieson, I would be mid-sentence when someone was getting a good wind, or some dragonflies would come speeding by, tantalisingly close, and so conversation would stop as I made attempts to capture the moments.

I was once again trying out the effectiveness of my ‘boomerang plate’, and I am firmly convinced that if it is put into production it will prove beneficial for photographers using shorter focal length telephotos with gimbal heads. I was using the prototype with my lashed-up pistol grip, and the balance was good, allowing me to follow the action with greater precision.

No comments:

Post a Comment