Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 10 August 2012

Tringford and Westcott – In Flight

I paid a visit to Tringford for relaxation and to use just the 300mm lens, I hoped for some glimpses of dragonflies, and the outside possibility of a kingfisher, as one had been spotted, but that was not to be, and in fact even the dragonflies were infrequent visitors, though damselflies were prolific and I caught sight of a lone demoiselle, and a lazy swimming frog. A spider had a well-stocked larder drying in the sun!

I did manage one sharp shot of a dragonfly in flight which was rewarding, in the afternoon as I parked my car I caught sight of a less flitty butterfly that was visiting a single lavender plant, and managed to capture it in flight. The compromise was high ISO making for a graininess of result, and the need for more accurate exposure, so I was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment