Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 8 November 2012

Tringford Anglers' Do


Wednesday Evening was the Annual Gathering of the Tringford Anglers, and I was honoured by being invited to join the assembled group, so to repay the compliment I took along my camera to record the event.


Ironically, I arrived early, and so felt obliged to wait in the Car Park behind the Anglers’ Retreat till the appointed time of six o’clock, and as a result met up with ‘Stumpy’ as he parked alongside, so we chatted, until he put in a call to Bob; only to learn that he was already ensconced in the bar! Our turn to join him.

The bar was filling, but as I had never met everyone together, I was not sure who were members, and who were simply the regular patrons, but Bob I knew so headed that way. As the evening progressed I brought out a couple of A3 contact sheets of fishing-related images I had put together over the last couple of years and a handful of finished A4 images, and these did the rounds. As a result, some of the assembled guests were able to see what I had shot of themselves, and some were even able to relive the moments of some the their captures I had taken.

When the buffet was announced, many of us moved to the annexe where caged birds were merrily chirping away – for buffet read Banquet; the food was both excellent and abundant and heartily enjoyed, but there was far too much left, so several lucky visitors came away with Goody boxes!

I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to chat with some of the members and learn about their daytime occupations, and hope to meet many during the next season. So thank you Bob for inviting me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment