Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 9 June 2013

Byways of Hertfordshire

I was planning to take a wander along the Grand Union Canal near Hunton Bridge, but decided I would take the scenic route through the lanes, and along the way I spotted the interesting edge of a wood where the land changed directions multiple times and the sunshine which came and went was likely to provide some interesting lighting to the various slopes, so I stayed some time waiting for the sun to do my bidding and light different parts of the scene, until I could get an interesting shot – it never quite provide exactly the shading I wanted, but it came close a few times, and I took at least twenty shots hoping that I might finally get one I was reasonably happy to use.

I also took a close-up of some infestation of leaves within the hedgerow where I stood, and some immature fern fronds, before spotting an attractive bend in the road by a field of oilseed rape. Later after covering a spell at a cricket match and my thwarted walk along the Grand Union Canal, I returned via Ashridge spotting a splendid newly painted water tower, with to my mind poorly placed microwave aerials that were put right in front of windows! At Ashridge at the end of the day I took some shots of pathways in the woods, rhododendrons in profusion and a few bluebells that were still fairly fresh; not totally disappointed by the final outcome of my day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment