Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Brief Visit To Discovery Centre


I was delayed in setting off for the Stockwood Discovery Centre garden, and am now down to earth – literally the gardens there, where I was hoping to thank Jan Tysoe, one of the gardeners for suggesting another garden I should visit. One of the Victorian greenhouses is undergoing a total refurbishment, because it had deteriorated badly and was no longer safe. This means it is far less easy to navigate from one side of the garden to the other, so it was a while before I caught up with Jan, Bridey and Sam, and it was as I was making my way around that I spotted another familiar face, and this lady accused me of following her, but I reckoned she was stalking me, as I was there first!

Anyway we both then went in search of Jan and found them on the other side, beyond the fenced off area around the greenhouse. As I was under the impression the greenhouse I was planning to visit was locked Jan came over with me to unlock it to allow me to photograph a flowering cactus and some Morning Glory, that she had mentioned were looking splendid.

I was in there for a short while, then went around other areas, and despite my initial comment that I thought there was less than I had expected, I soon found more, so Bridey had been correct in her mentioning that there was quite a lot to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment