Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 11 May 2014

Brogborough Lake – Saturday in May

A second bite at the cherry, though once again I am not arriving at the beginning of the show; I arrive at around midday, and the weather does look more promising, and there are way more windsurfers today. However, I have come with different lenses assuming there to be racing, and yet within moments of arriving at the foreshore, I see the very definite signs that the brisk, and gusty wind is inviting some of the surfers to jump.

Alerted to the colour of the sail to watch I keep him/her in my sights (at this distance working out whether male or female is not possible without prior knowledge). One thing is certain from my previous visits to this club, is there are girls aplenty that have taken to this sport and there is no shortage of talent amongst their number.

For those who do not know this venue and are interested in taking up windsurfing, I can highly recommend you take a look at what they offer, everyone is welcoming and friendly, and the new managers Emma and Sam Barnes would be happy to hear from you.

It turned out that I was able to follow several surfers when it was gusting to try to capture those moments when they took to the air, and due to the slight change in wind direction, much of that activity took place nearer than had been the case on Friday.

The rain did come down and the wind certainly blew, so there were times when I chose to keep my camera gear inside the cabin, despite there being several who were making the most of the wind whilst I was inside.

Altogether I was happy with the shots I got, and certainly the 100-400mm lens was the choice, though 200-400mm would certainly not be turned down, but that's way out of my budget, and so far no one has made me an offer to handle one in anger, but I can dream!

I was pleased with my afternoon, but it has not made my cough go away or restored my voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment