Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Cambridge Letters

Catherine invited me to Cambridge for the Saturday, and I arrived the night before, so we had some time together, rather than me rush on the day, and we would visit Cambridge for a stroll around the City Centre. We parked near Newnham and walked through from there as the sun began to break through and dry the grass from the earlier showers in the morning.

Catherine had one of my cameras, and I another, and she challenged me to capture images that spelled our names, I felt she did somewhat cheat as she chose Katy, whereas, well – see whether they become obvious. Trying to chat, window shop, not bump into the people who thronged the streets and capture the letters was an interesting task, and whilst trying for a striking ‘D’, I was challenged by a charming and attractive girl who inquired what precisely was I doing?

It turns out she was the manager of the enticing sweet shop outside which I was about to photograph the bootscraper set into the base of the wall to the left of the shop entrance. I then explained she need have no fear, I was not from the council photographing the structure as she seemed to be wondering, but more prosaically trying to photograph the letters of my name, and had spotted an excellent ‘D’. I then told her I was also needing an ‘I’ and she kindly provided me with another letter! However, I could not leave having only taken a tightly cropped image of her eye, so I include the whole face by way of thanking her for being such a good sport, and I also found a ‘K’ inside and duly bought one of my girls a lollipop, and left with a smile, and three more letters! I was a happy KID! I wonder how Catherine got along? I have yet to see her shots.

I committed a heinous crime later, photographing policemen, who were keeping a watchful eye on a Badger Cull demonstration in the Market square. Altogether the day’s photography covered a wide range of images that caught my eye and provided me some amusing family shots of my twin grandchildren as we enjoyed ourselves in the park where we chose to relax after our snack lunch before Catherine and the twins set off to watch the film Maleficent, and I headed for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment