Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 27 January 2015

A Visit to Slapton Lock – Gull War

I decided I might like to check out the Lensmaster Gimbal Head, manufactured in this country at Grimsby with both the EOS 7D MkII and the Tamron 150-600mm lens, so I headed for Slapton Lock.

As I was about to leave my parked car a large estate pulled up and three men came out, seeing me with my camera and tripod, we got into conversation and I learned they were interested in locating a shrike that was rumoured to be nearby, I had heard a day or two back one had been seen near a bridge on the Grand Union Canal, but could not be sure of the number, though I thought it was 128; they had a chat amongst themselves and set off for Bridge 118 as they reckoned it was more likely. I later learned from at least two others that the shrike was indeed at 118 and they had all met up.

Since it was too far to walk encumbered with my gear, I took a chance and stayed alongside the canal, in the end all I had to my credit were gulls fighting for a landing spot on a canalside pole, but that was certainly better than nothing, and I did find it amusing. Some birds managed to retain their perch, but others squawked noisily but relinquished their tenure with minimal opposition; two against one made that a fair choice! The burst speed of the EOS7D proved its worth in these shots, but some of these could have benefitted from my pausing to lower the ISO when the sun broke through a bit.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress chuyên dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úc uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete