Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 25 August 2017

Three Painted Ladies in the Garden

Visiting pollinators this season have been few and far between, and certainly never in abundance, though a month back bees did visit my Buddliea, but of late there have been precious few of either bees or butterflies, but as warmth came earlier today, I was pleased to welcome a couple of bees a trio of Cabbage Whites definitely full of the Joys of Spring, rarely alighting on the blooms of the buddliea, despite flitting in and out of its foliage, and more colourfully at least three, Painted Ladies.
Because I had made a visit yesterday to a Birthday Party Pizza Celebration to mark the birthdays of my elder daughter and my ex-wife over in Cambridge, this Friday was not to be spent with my younger daughter, so it was a washing day, and a first attempt at making crumble to add to the rhubarb I had stewed the day before yesterday. It seemed very much like an end of season festival recently, as also the house-moving present of a plum tree from my two daughters had finally finished providing me with its fruit. I had personal evidence of its generosity in the form of precisely forty stones from those I had consumed. I am hoping there is a chance that they may germinate and go on to provide more fruit in the next year.
In between these activities out came the camera to record what may well the last of the season’s butterfly visits, and I chose the 24-70mm lens with its macro facility attached to the 5D MkIII, and the shutter set to silent. It seems to have been a good choice judging from the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment