Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Stewartby Lake – The Sunday

                    On the Saturday, I would have possibly stayed longer normally, despite the onset of rain, but the location of the camera viewpoint was a long distance from my car, and I had several items beyond my camera and tripod with me that meant that more than just my camera would be soaked if I left it till it had become a downpour. I gathered everything together and headed slowly away from the lakeside.
                                       I left somewhat shattered as it had still been a long day, and I knew that I had to download all the shots from that day, clear the cards, and prepare for Sunday after making supper, and get everything ready food and drink-wise for the same all over again, also I had failed to unplug my phone from the charger, so needed to check emails, and reply to anything urgent and remember to have it with me for Sunday. I had mentioned to one of the brothers I had another long zoom lens he could use on the Sunday, and had to keep reminding myself not to forget I had made the offer!
                    By the time I had made myself supper, downloaded all the files, recharged the batteries and headed for bed, any ideas of a full night’s sleep had vanished, but I had at least prepared flasks of cold orange and decided what food I would take, and shaved, so the morning ablutions and breakfast would be a mere half an hour with twenty minutes for the car journey, so 08.15 was set on my alarm, giving me about six hours of sleep.
                    It had rained overnight and the day was not as bright, but I had remembered the extra lens, and everything was in the kitchen ready for the off; I was still certain there would be something I had forgotten, but on arrival, it seemed as if that pessimism was ill-founded. I visited the main office thinking I would need to sign in again, but learned that as I had not signed out, I needed only to sign out at the end of the day, and guess what? It was only after leaving having passed through the gate, I remembered that vital snippet and had to park the car, get back in and sign out!
                    There are far fewer images in the this gallery, and the lack of sunshine has not helped, but I had enjoyed the day, and it added to the record, even if not providing much exciting imagery.
                    My thanks to Sue Tassell for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment