Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 22 July 2018

A Warm Walk – through Marston Thrift

At the small Wood End Car Park at the edge of the woods, that form Marston Thrift, there are two entrances, and since on my earlier visit I had chosen the left one, on this occasion, I decided I would enter the more shaded of the two, the one on the right leaving the Car Park, where I had swelled the numbers by one hundred percent.
Although there was almost no sound within, from either birds or insects for the first ten minutes of my walk, eventually I did hear sounds of human activity, from a teenage couple on bikes from the parallel route, who had stopped by some branch-slung ropes with loops that were there for the purposes of swinging. I felt slightly saddened that my presence disrupted their innocent pleasures as obviously they had expected privacy, so they moved off.
Later I would encounter several dog-walkers, and a couple with whom I chatted to find out the location of some lakes purported to be somewhere nearby. Certainly everyone I met was friendly and would extend greetings, some willing to chat, some content to simply exchange pleasantries and wander on. I did hear a strange single bird calling in a burbled sound, but overall the woods were silent, which for a wood, I found odd. Later I did hear that there were supposedly a large number of butterflies to be found, but I only spotted two in all the time within the shade of the trees, and one outside in the open, of which I managed to get a shot; a Meadow Brown. Perhaps this long dry spell had taken its toll, for I was expecting more signs of life than I encountered.
One really helpful family were able to point me in the direction of two ponds, but the lady said that the water levels were very much lower than she had known from past visits, so perhaps this accounts for the low level of wildlife I had been experiencing; certainly strangely for a Englishman I am actually wanting the onset of some rain to refresh the scorched grass I encounter in my travels around this vicinity.
I also spotted a tiny rainbow fragment in the clouds, but certainly despite a fair amount of cloud cover from time to time, no sign of rain. Can anyone spot the Penguin?

No comments:

Post a Comment