Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 28 February 2009

Focus on Imaging 09

For the first time in two years I attended the show as an ordinary punter, which gave me time to visit almost all the stands, a luxury not afforded me when manning an Adobe pod and discussing Photoshop, Lightroom and almost any Adobe product.


I did miss that aspect, but was gratified to be asked on several occasions: "Aren't you working today, Rod?" I met several of the old crowd, and got the chance to meet and put faces to names of several members of ProDIG and prerelease forum lists, such as John Beardsworth and Sean McCormack. Once again I also met someone from the days of the Persuasion Users Group, Frank Deery from Dublin, the same city as Sean. Adam Woolfitt introduced me to Dave Wall, another Photoshop guru and trainer. Richard Earney, who had come up with me, and I would keep in touch by mobile phone, and we'd swap info on people and things of interest.


I was also able to meet up with Vanessa Champion, Ray Fitchett, Andrew Boardman, Paul Hopkins, Eric McCashey and Steve Newberry on the Creative, Sigma, Bob Rigby, Rapid and Adobe stands respectively, and the overall impression I got was that professional visitors were still buying, and in many cases this was because of the current economic climate.

1 comment: