Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Afternoon & Evening at Startop Reservoir

There is a cluster of reservoirs near Tring, and one is called Startop, where parking is easy, close to some steps, and I decided that it was a good place to try shooting some of the local wildlife and human activity on the sunny saturday afternoon.


It was a slow start, with few birds aloft, but I did get some shots of a skittish bird darting along the water's edge, and having taken some shots, spotted a couple with binoculars nearby talking about the birds to be found hereabouts, so asked could they tell me the name of the bird I had just taken a shot of; I learnt it was a pied Wagtail. Not long afterward I got chatting to a serious wildlife photographer carrying a substantial lens encased in a camouflage protective cover, and he told me of some of the images he had captured that morning of a swan landing on the water.


I was later to see the shot and meet up with him further round the reservoir where I also learned his name Mike Casey. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in his company and learnt a few more of the bird species and captured some of them, rounding off the day shooting sunsets. He was both charming and informative, and he was able to shoot much later than I was, and I have shots of him in silhouette to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment