Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 30 August 2009

A Trip to Norfolk

My desk was reasonably clear, America was not yet up, and the weather did not seem too inclement. There was a chance that the overcast might clear, so I phoned a friend to find out whether I might be welcome if I visited them.

Hearing I'd be very welcome, and that their weather might actually be improving, I gathered together my camera gear, filled up with petrol and was on my way. The clouds stayed with me till I was nearly there, when the sun came out.

Darrell was erecting a tower to prepare for some painting, and Jane welcomed me and opened their gate. I was offered a cup of tea, and having erected the tower, Darrell took a break and we sat around chatting, before I was taken on the 'Grand Tour'. I took the camera from the car, and was soon taking shots of butterflies in their front garden, and as we walked and talked there were squashes, raspberries, rose hips and beans that came to my screen.

Jane was particularly striking in her pink top and straw hat, and since she did not like my taking portraits, I chose to capture her as a figure in the landscape, for which she was admirable! I got treated to a long walk in the nearby copse and a further cup of tea, before the sun went down, a chill came on and it was time to set off back home. It had been a wonderfully relaxing time in a beautiful setting, but all too short; I just hope Darrell gets all his work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment