Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 14 April 2013

Spring at the Stockwood Discovery Centre


I know I like a challenge, but arriving so soon after the first signs of warmer weather after this prolonged cold spell was certainly ambitious if I had hope to find much to photograph in the gardens. I was certainly not going to walk away without at least giving it a try. From the several visitors who enquired what I was doing, or what I was photographing, it became obvious that I was seeing more than most! Two young boys were particularly inquisitive, and I learned a while later the possible reason; one of them had an uncle who was a photographer, so presumably he can pride himself that he has inspired at least one of the next generation.

I kept my eyes wide open and persevered trying to capture the first green shoots of recovery, and pressed my nose hard against my eyepiece and moved in close, often lying on the ground to give scale to what I saw; it was good to see that the bees had ended their winter holidays and were reasonably active. By the time I walked out of the centre, I felt I could metaphorically hold my head up high; I think that despite the gusty wind, and very variable sunlight I captured at least something of the burgeoning growth of new life in the gardens. And I did not ignore the lowly daffodil.

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to see, this weekend, that spring has finally sprung! I was near Stockwood Park, at the Memorial Park in West Hill road photographing Crocus' under the shade of the trees. How late they have flowered though.... Will post pics on my blog over the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete