Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 13 April 2013

Misty Morning at Marsworth


I did not set a particularly early alarm call, because there was no real guarantee of a bright start, but as it turned out it was indeed bright and in many a field hung a blanket of mist, just a few feet above ground.

Arriving at the Tring reservoirs the mist still lay lightly across the reed beds between Startops End and Marsworth reservoirs, and the reeds hardly looked their best, but the light allowed me to capture some of the atmosphere nevertheless, and as I walked the path between the two lakes a robin kept flying a few feet ahead of me as I went along.

When I reached my goal, the lateness took its toll; I realised this by the muddy sliding marks in the steep bank leading to the water’s edge, and there was already another photographer ensconced with similar intentions. Justifiably he had the prime position, but though he had seen a kingfisher do a flypast it had not settled to fish. I set up my tripod alongside, and it was probably a further twenty minutes before we had a chance to get some photographs, and at that first visit, I did not even see it! To add to my chagrin, I then tried to look around for a better, less obstructed view and the kingfisher paid us another visit, so I missed that opportunity, but not so my colleague as I could hear from the rapid shutter firing! I certainly brought him luck.

I resettled and improved the position of the tripod, and managed to be in better luck a few minutes later, and it was around this time that yet another photographer arrived, and not long after, yet another – the lure of capturing the beauty of the kingfisher is obviously strong! Whilst waiting I took some other shots of the local fungi, a pigeon, and a chaffinch.

I later visited Tringford for a chat with the Water Bailiff and some of the anglers, before returning home for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment