Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Flash Red Ford Special


What am I supposed to do? I walk out of my front door with camera gear, and there parked right outside was this bright red naked-engined, old-bodied Ford, sporting the name HotRod atop the Offenhauser twin Rocker Covers – was I just going to walk on by, without succumbing to its blatant invitation? “Take my photo, mister” – no chance!

As I peer inside I spot movement and start to speak, but the man in the driver’s seat leaned towards the passenger side and said “I’ll come out”. It turns out he is more than happy for me to oblige his steed’s request to take some photos, and in the ensuing conversation I learn that his wife has bought it for him, and he tells me a little more about it, as I walk around taking different views, and try to ensure I have a minimum of a dozen shots so the gallery looks tidy, he then mentions that the rear suspension has something different, so I find myself on the deck looking up its backside, where I spot the King Dick Spanner.

We chat some more and he invites me to a show, I think he said ‘The Outlaws’ at the Feathers in Markyate the following Thursday, where there will be more cars of the same ilk. So I have an idea where I might find myself a week from now. He accepts my card, so he can see what I have taken and we go our separate ways; him in a subtle masculine rumble from his car’s exhaust, me to get in my more mundane car, to photograph some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment