Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 9 July 2017

A Trip Towards Cardington

Many moons ago, my father had been Deputy Station Commander at what was then RAF Cardington, it was his last posting before retirement, and now the latest chapter was beginning at ‘The Cardington Sheds’, with Hybrid Air Vehicles newly-repaired and modified Airlander, she was no longer confined to the hangar, but now is tethered outside whilst each new flight’s data is analysed before taking to the skies again for further testing.

I drove out to see her and work out where it might be possible later to take shots of her in the air, and in order to assist me in my aim to be around when it was airborne I managed to enlist the help of one of the nearby neighbours who has promised to give me a call when there seemed to be activity and the possibility for takeoff – I am near enough to drive over in time to be there with her hopefully just taking off.

Since my trip on this occasion was to find a suitable location to park, I decided to come to the airfield perimeter and at least get shots of the craft on the ground, and it was while there with my camera that I met up with an engineer from HAV to chat about Airlander and explain my personal interest, and was grateful to him for at least accepting my card to pass to those in charge of publicity. Even before then I took other shots of activities nearby where a farmer was watering his crop, as well as long distant shots of Airlander that showed its relationship with the famous sheds, and also I was pleasantly surprised by the abundant butterflies and bees at the margin, allowing me to get a shot of Nature’s flying insects with our human attempt in the background.

I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment