Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 9 April 2015

Out and About in the Country

As is often the case, I have a subject in mind to photograph, but Serendipity dictates what in fact I get to capture. This afternoon I had hoped that I might take advantage of the sun burning off the mist and see red kite taking advantage of any thermals that were created. At the start of my journey I did catch sight of two individual soaring above woodland clumps, but both soon disappeared from view, and in following them found myself travelling between King's Walden and Frogmore.

I spotted a tractor in the distance and thought that might make an interesting subject, as it neared I realised this was a JCB towing a device I had not seen before, after I had taken a few shots and the driver stopped to reset something I asked him what it was and he told me it was a Mole that cut a small diameter tunnel just below the surface to help provide drainage in areas of land prone to becoming waterlogged.
He had finished this particular field and was due to move to another, so I asked whether he minded my continuing to take pictures, he had no problem and suggested I follow him to the new field, which I duly did, and in the second group of shots I now knew what I was looking to describe whereas the first images really showed tractor and tool.
 Arriving at this field I found I could take pictures when he was working close to me, and turn around and take shots of a different tractor towing a different implement in the next field, so I alternated the subjects I shot, before waving farewell to the Mole Driver and set off to pastures new, as I left I was attracted to the lines in the field opposite the gate I was due to leave.
As I headed back towards home I spotted some pheasants that seemed far less wary of me, and managed a few shots before I finished my afternoon shooting session. A very pheasant afternoon all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment