Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Monday 6 April 2015

Briefest Brogborough Visit!

It was both bright and breezy here at Caddington, so I did not bother to check what the wind might be like at Brogborough. As it transpired there was less breeze here than where I had set off from! As I neared the lake I saw very little activity, and when I arrived there were just the windsurfers out and they were a long way away!

I decided there was only one chance of getting any meaningful pictures and that was from the far side, at Common Farm, I met the owner and her daughter as they were coming along the drive and fortunately she recognised me and told me where I might park.

I got out my camera and tripod and headed for a spot where I could capture the action and after a few quick pictures, decided that as the wind direction had altered, I might be better further round, but sadly by the time I reached there, the wind had died still further and no one was going to be coming my way.
That was it! No more shooting – I headed back to the Clubhouse to say Cheerio to Emma and Sam, bemoaning that I must be the kiss of death to any action on the lake, and bid them both farewell.

The gallery has almost every shot I managed to get in that brief encounter – the shortest spell at the lake ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment