Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 21 April 2016

Bus Stop Birds – Well, in the Nearby Bushes

After passing the bushes in Station Road on my return to base, there was so much avian activity that I felt I had to grab my camera and capture some of the activity as the light was so good, and for a change, for much of the time I was able to actually capture the singers rather than simply hear them though never catch sight of them. In part this was due to the less than full cover offered by leaves, but not totally so, because they were far less shy too.

I returned with my carbon fibre tripod complete with the gimbal head and the Tamron 150-600mm lens on the 7D MkII body and much of the time I was fortunate not to to even need the full 600mm and the passing cars of those returning from work meant there was constant traffic to provide a distraction from my camera and me. Twice men came up to see what I had captured and also one of my neighbours with her two schoolgirls said hello and looked at the camera back to see what I was taking.

The birds were hardly exotic, since most were House Sparrows, though I did catch sight of a much shyer visitor with a flash of blue on its wing which could have been a Jay, though it seemed too small, but had I blinked I’d have missed it totally! I see numerous Starlings generally in the open, but a few visited the bushes on this occasion and I practised my ‘tseeeuw’ call which seemed to make one of them keep looking around! Since they are apparently good mimics I was turning the tables as I have been trying to master their own calls. As I came away I grabbed a few more shots of tulips in some of the gardens on my way back.

I now have a few more images for greetings cards in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment