Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Westcott Red Kites

My daughter unexpectedly needed me to allow her a chance to leave my youngest grandchild in my tender care such that she could visit her loft and dig out some needed documents on a weekday, so I found myself taking a trip to Westcott. Knowing that there was a good chance of sunshine and that the local Red Kite often flew low over the village, I decided I would take my long lens with me in case I managed to get some time after my babysitting duties and ladder-holding to get some bird photography in.

Fortune shone us all that day, for the documents were found, Tilly despite a bad night of incessant coughing was in good spirits and I was rewarded by getting some time taking a few photos, and the sunshine was giving the raptors a chance to soar and thronged at my daughter's end of the village, possibly encouraged by occasional chicken carcasses put out by the neighbour opposite!

Hence this small gallery devoted entirely to the beautiful bird, the Red Kite; one frequent visitor is less than perfectly beautiful that has acquired the name of 'Broken Wing' as it has some feather damage and is therefore more memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment