Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Stephen’s Plants, Maulden – Serendipitous Find

On my return from my Accountant in Ampthill, I decided to try to find a Garden Centre in the hope of picking up some garden edging strips, and was overwhelmed by the welcome from the two gentlemen relaxing before the midday rush of customers. Sadly they did not have the product I sought, but during the conversation I was admiring one potted plant and the direction changed when I explained I had no knowledge of the names of many of the species, but loved taking photographs of a wide variety of them.

The eponymous Stephen who owned the establishment said he had no objection to my taking photographs, so I went back to the car and dug out the EOS 5D with the 100mm macro lens and proceeded to take shots around the vast area, and he very kindly did mention some of the names and pointed out particular plants that might be of interest as he also did some watering.

I had been feeling disappointed that I was not in the market for buying any of his produce and not a tad guilty on that score, but I need not have worried, for several customers appeared and they were buying, so I continued shooting feeling a little relieved as the charm of both men deserved to be rewarded with customers. They were working in unbelievable heat and the whole area was well laid out and spacious and all the plants were obviously well-tended and in excellent condition. I hope that I might return as a customer at some future date.


I can highly recommend a visit when considering a plant for the garden or the house as Stephen is charming and knowledgable and it is easy to find and to park. I hope that anyone in this part of Bedfordshire viewing this gallery will put ‘Stephen’s Plants’ high on their list of must visit places, you will be rewarded, make no mistake; I hope he feels that the shots I have taken does justice to what he showed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment