Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 11 March 2017

Two Intrepid Aberdonian Bikers Head for France

I have known Gordon Burgess (sorry Professor Gordon Burgess!) for many years and I learned from him that his son, Nick was planning to go for The Grand Tour of Europe with friend and fellow biker Chris Lamont. I therefore suggested that he mention to them that they would be most welcome to spend the night at Marston Moretaine before heading for Dover the following day to catch the Ferry – the offer was accepted and they arrived in the dark and I got them to put their bikes in my garden as it is high-walled and would mean they were secure from prying mischievous eyes. They were far later than planned as they had not anticipated that much of their motorway route is down to 50mph in the Midlands and Southern Counties due to almost incessant roadworks.

I made them coffees and we sat and chatted into the early hours after I had cooked a couple of pizzas, and in the morning they took up my offer to shower with relish, and I prepared further cups of coffee and porridge for Chris, and just Frosted Flakes for cereal for Nick.

For the delectation of my younger daughter and her husband, past bikers themselves, I got Nick to write down the details of their machines, and in so doing learned Chris had been riding for short of a year whereas Nick had four and a half years’ experience – Chris’ ride was a 2016 Yamaha MT07 Tracer, and Nick’s was a 2011 Kawasaki ER6F (CBF650).

They could not be described as travelling light and certainly seemed well-equipped for the rigours they will face over the next few months, and I wish them every success, Nick seemed interested in my suggestion that he try to put together a blog so that others can follow their progress, and dare I say it? – their adventure! They very generously left me with a bottle of wine a packet of After Eights and some White Chocolate Magnums – Gratefully received and most appreciated.

Perhaps the gallery of images of them packing gear onto their bikes will serve to whet the appetite of any followers they attract as they set off on their journey – Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this. So kind to both boys. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete