Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Harpenden Visit for Engineering Technical Help

I needed some technical help from Peter Carr, a Product Designer in Harpenden as I was trying to ascertain why my levelling head was not going fully into the base of my gimbal head; I was unsure whether it was down to the levelling head or the gimbal and I knew he had a micrometer so could get to the bottom of which item was the issue – the conclusion we drew was the gimbal head base was domed internally, so the flat end of the male thread was stopping the pair from closing fully. I had come across the problem on Doris Day at Brogborough when the pair were loosening whilst I was shooting. On my next visit to the Lake I solved the problem by cutting myself a cardboard washer, now I knew the reason.

Peter needed to walk his dog, so we both went out and chatted as we took a circular route from his place around the Park at Batford Springs and back. Not unnaturally, I took my camera and just the 24mm f/1.4 with macro, which allowed me to take a few shots and create a single-page gallery, and also explain how useful this recent purchase had been in hopefully resolving which of my two dedicated macro lenses I put up for sale to help in the purchase of the Sigma 150-600mm lens I was considering buying. I think I will be parting with the Tamron 90mm MkII, so should any reader of this blog be interested, do not hesitate to contact me, it is mint condition, but since I have the Canon 100mm and this 24-70mm with macro facility it is an extravagance to keep all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment