Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 7 November 2009

Autumn and a Milton Keynes Car Park

Colour and beauty are not normally associated with Milton Keynes, but if that is your perception, you would be wrong. The car parks are bordered and divided by trees and shrubs, and have been well-chosen for their colour in autumn, as I found when I visited recently. Americans refer to our season rather too literally as fall, as this describes only how the trees and bushes shed their leaves. Autumn says so much more, as was demonstrated to me, and how I hope I have portrayed in this selection of images from the trip.

It was windy, and not always blessed with sunshine, so in some of the shots I endeavoured to capture the variations and feel for what was happening. When inside the Shopping Centre, I also tried to show how light played its part in highlighting architectural detail and how it gave long shadows when the sun was out.

None of these images have been into Photoshop; these colours are real, their intensity except in isolated cases, was as I saw them, the contrasts were provided by those who planted them, and I compliment those who made the choices, and those who have tended them. I hope I have proved that a car park can contain and display beauty for those who care to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment