Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Business Breakfast at Putteridgebury

I had to readjust my biological clock to prepare for the 5.45am alarm call to allow me to go to my first Business Breakfast at the Putteridgebury Campus of the University of Bedfordshire. The last time I had a business breakfast was when I met up with bankers from The World Bank to photograph a several million pound cheque-signing, and that was aeons ago.

Considering how sunny yesterday was, I was amazed that there was still snow around, yet at least the snowdrops were showing and the moles had been mining with gusto. I got the impression that a magpie had been burrowing into it. Whilst outside, Nigel Huddleston, a local parliamentary candidate, came up to chat – I had last seen him when he led the protest march against the proposed Bushwood development.

What a change in weather from yesterday when the sun had been out all day, but I did want to at least have a record, so did take a look around the old house, before going in for the meeting. At first because I was early, there were only a few people around and those unlike me, all wearing suits and ties. I glanced at a few badges and was once again not too surprised to read the names of Banks! However, as the room filled, I began to see obvious business men, which gave me the opportunity to network (the primary purpose of the visit). I got to speak to Wes Randle, who had taken over as head of the Innovation hub. I did idly wonder how many present saw the connection between the University logo and the flowers at the window.

I listened intently to the speakers, but was forced to interrupt one speaker, Laura Church to express my desire for the construction of a flyover to improve the link between Capability Green and the Junction 10 of the M1, and avoid interaction with traffic to Luton from the A6. These two streams need not meet at the present roundabout, unless serving Luton. I firmly believe that it is a project Luton cannot afford not to build.

May I extend my thanks to all, including the Canteen staff who provided very good food, that made the event a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment