Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Sunday Activities

Unlike Friday when the sun shone from a clear blue sky, the day started with mist, and during the course of the day, the best we had was milky sunshine. I had printed one picture from Good Friday of one of the flowers I had captured in Soulbury, and used it to say thank you to the couple who had kindly allowed me to step into their front garden. I drove to their house to pop the card in – they had a family gathering, I handed over the card – they thanked me, but it was I who was grateful.

My drive took me to Three Locks, on the Grand Union Canal, and it was packed with visitors both on the water and at the canalside pub alongside the locks. I watched for a while before setting off  again, this time in search of landscapes, but the misty distance prevented me from pure scenes, but allowed me to capture horses, some in fields, some being ridden. I also managed to capture some of the blossom.

As I returned we were stopped at a roundabout to allow a vast procession of bikers of all ages with highly individually modified bikes and trikes, so I opened my door and squatted by the roadside capturing a few of them as they passed on their way; my journey ended with a couple of more peaceful shots of the canal and river.

On days like this, it seems easy to forget the harsher realities that exist around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment