Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 25 February 2014

ME Hotel – the Day had not ended…

My day started in Trafalgar Square and ended in a gem of a visit after the London Fashion Show by stepping into the ME Hotel, which is a Norman Foster building apparently; sited on the former Marconi and Citibank site.

I had no idea from this corner entrance just what the building was, and by pure happenstance neither did another passer-by, and though from his conversation with his daughters, he seemed to know more than me and was equally curious, he strode in to ask, and I meekly followed him in, and listened to the answer from the Concierge – I learned it was in fact a hotel and that the staff were more than happy for me to take photos of the interior.

They went further! They suggested I go to the Mezzanine floor where the Reception was, and after photographing the decor there I bumped into the lady who was organising visits to the Roof Garden, who asked had I been? To my response she said I must; as the scenes from that viewpoint, of the London Skyline were stunning. She was not wrong!

Whilst I moved around taking photos, the reception I was given was nothing less than wonderfully warm and accommodating, which is more than can be said for the bracing breeze that met me when the glass doors to the outside were opened for me – some of the guests were huddled under duvets at the outside tables as they sipped their cocktails! Presumably these were supplied by the ever attentive staff.

I felt as if I was a Prince whilst there, and that I had stepped back in time; I still cannot believe how welcome I felt from the moment I entered to the time I left – everyone with whom I came into contact was the epitome of charm and at the same time totally natural – if only everyone in such establishments could come close to the standard I witnessed there, the world would be a far better place – Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment