Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Stockwood Discovery Gardens Visit

Having not visited the gardens at the Stockwood Discovery Centre for some weeks I felt that given the time I would pay a visit as the light seemed reasonable and I felt the chances of finding numerous images was good.

Upon entering the sounds of children filled the air, as I strolled beyond the Play Area and entered the gardens. At first there seemed an abundance of green, but not a lot of colour, but this proved to be deceptive, once I could see and hear the destruction of the old diamond-shaped Fountain, I then spotted the wonderful length of Lavender, and the occasional colour of a tall flower to the right.

I took a few preliminary shots then sought out the gardener, Jan and soon spotted her beyond the strewn cuttings of the hedge she was trimming at the far end wall. We chatted a while as she continued to level the top of the hedge, and then she asked whether I wanted to take a look inside the greenhouse.

I learned that it now had a young robin visiting and also a frog. I later did spot the robin, which seemed to lack its customary red breast, but I never saw the frog. I did however find much to photograph in there, and I was soon sweating profusely in the moist heat despite almost the entire length had its windows open. Once I had worked my way to the far end there was a welcoming pleasant breeze.

Once I had locked the greenhouse behind me and walked around in the fresh air, I soon dried, leaving my shirt with a white salt tide mark! I headed for the vegetable area and the lavender to get a few shots of hoverflies and bees, before heading for other sections and leaving. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of images I managed to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment