Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Gimbal Head for Sale – Induro GHB2

SOLD

Over the last couple of days I have been investigating the possibilities of part-exchanging my Induro GHB2 Gimbal head in order to ease the pain of buying a carbon fibre tripod, because my current very sturdy aluminium one is simply too heavy to trudge long distances with my DSLR and long telephoto lens. I have been using a monopod which I am able to often strap to a tree with a bungee and use an Acrotech head in gimbal mode atop and this is far lighter. However, when I cannot support the monopod then I do have to have excellent lighting conditions to use it with confidence, under those conditions I have come to the conclusion a much lighter tripod is a better option.

The retail price new appears to be around the £350 mark currently and since I was unable to find a company that had the tripod I sought and accept the gimbal head in part exchange and the price offered for an unencumbered sale was way too low, I am wondering whether the vehicle of my blog might reach someone who would be willing to pay £195 including VAT for it, excluding postage and packing. Naturally I would prefer it was collected that way the purchaser would not be buying blind and I would require cash and would supply a VAT receipt. I am Sole Proprietor of SOLUTIONS photographic and am VAT-registered

I am based near Luton in Bedfordshire and can be contacted for further details using my gmail address:
rodwp@gmail.com

Above is an up-to-date photo of the head and a close-up of the minor ding it has sustained, which has no adverse effect on the operation, but is naturally a blemish on the otherwise excellent condition.
The quick release plate is the Arca Swiss style, but I cannot supply the plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment