Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Stockwood Discovery Centre – Spring in the Greenhouse


Since there was blossom on my fruit trees, I thought I’d take a quick trip to the Stockwood Discovery Centre, as I had also not visited for a while and wanted a word with the Gardeners there. The sun which had greeted me in the early morning had retired before I set off, but as I entered, it re-appeared. As I made my way through in search of the gardeners I had hoped to meet, the beds were all bare, so I began to think I might be out of luck for any photos, so I did not even unpack a camera at this stage.

I enquired of a staff member whether the particular gardener, Jan was in and learned that she was, but neither he nor another gardener knew of her whereabouts, so I thanked them and headed for the greenhouse, where I met up with Bridey, who told me Jan would soon be returning. Now I did get out the camera and started taking a few shots of the Bird of Paradise flower and soon Jan reappeared and I briefly showed her the details of the house I was hoping to buy and move into.

I managed to find a few specimens that caught my eye and for a change it was a pleasant and temperate climate in there. As I took shots I learned about some of the plans for the new season, in particular a wide variety of sunflowers are due, which particularly pleased me as I always find them a happy flower.

Since it was coming to the end of their day, I was bid farewell and asked to lock up when I finished which was not too long after, and after a cull, the gallery of images from the jaunt was forty pictures in the Gallery. As I left the sky blackened, but the sun remained, providing nice light for some blowing grasses against the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment