Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 25 June 2015

An AoP Evening with Ray Massey


The Association of Photographers put on an evening in the converted place of worship that is Church Studios, with Ray Massey, a leading advertising photographer who talked about how he became a photographer and how the landscape has changed over time, and how his earliest techniques influenced and moulded the way he works to this day.

The audience of over thirty souls listened and watched intently, and one of the number stood up at the end to say how he felt many gathered here might be pleased to have taken maybe just one or two such images over their careers, he was astonished that there were so many and varied and of such a high standard of creativity that he had done. From the applause at the end of the demonstration, the audience agreed with his sentiment.

Coming from out of town, and not being familiar with the environs of Camden Park Road, I made sure that I would be on time, by ensuring I arrived well before the appointed hour, which gave me the time to walk around and ‘capture’ (a word that is anathema to Ray!) some images from around the neighbourhood. It was during this time that I came across a man called Rem whom I met when I caught his eye as he was resting on a park bench smoking. He was trying to learn where he might find places of interest in the area. In the course of our conversation I suggested he could do worse than go to the meeting I was later to attend and informed him it would cost a tenner – he seemed unfazed by this, and I wondered whether he would be there – he was!

I took a handful of pictures in the somewhat variable light before the evening show, and later when leaving I was able to take advantage of the very different lighting that prevailed on my return to Kentish Town Station. I had wondered whether I should take my camera with me, but I feel I made the right decision, which was not to break the habit of a lifetime of having a camera with me at every opportunity! I hope I have captured (that word again!) the essence of my afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment