Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 14 August 2016

Windsurfers in the Sun at Brogborough

The afternoon on this day at Brogborough was a busy one for me, having given up my attempts at photographing insects, I was lured by the magnetic attraction of watersports and that there was some wind and sun which proved too strong to resist, so out came the tripod, gimbal head and the 150-600mm lens on the 5D MkII, and I simply captured what unfolded before me.

I met the son, of the earlier incumbent at the Club, David who was over here from Australia, he very kindly provided me with some excellent views of the underside of the board he was borrowing, and his jumps were performed heading straight for me! I hope he is pleased with what I managed to capture.

The shot of the girl that heads this piece was chosen because of the fortuitous happenstance of the reflection from her sail lighting her face and showing the set of her mouth in concentration, I apologise for cropping out the top of the sail, but the shot was a vertical, and I head these pieces with landscape images to be economic of space.

I'll let the gallery tell the story from here, as I have written enough words for one day. Suffice to say the day was a really enjoyable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment