Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Monday 15 April 2019

Woburn Park Visit in Pale Sunshine

  
I readied my kit, which in this instance was a tripod with a fair leg-spread to support the EOS R and the Sigma Sports 60-600mm lens with a ball head, I had two destinations in mind, but fate dealt me a different hand, and when both venues lacked attendance of aquatic birds for the first choice and windsurfers on Brogborough were conspicuous by their absence, I decided on a different venue – Woburn Park, with its deer.
Upon arrival, it looked as if I might have lucked out once again, but after a trudge with heavy gear, deeper in proved initially no more promising, I retraced my footsteps. Upon my arrival back at the small narrow lake by the entrance, the deer had relented and started heading my way from the hill, heading straight for  my stretch of water, and a drink. Initially, the stags journey towards me was made largely heads-down, which is far from being the most interesting pose for any photo! I therefore carefully watched to see when one would look up, and preferably look my way, also, it would have been generous had they formed interesting groups, rather than an amorphous mass of grass-chomping heads. I tried to assess when one might look up long enough for me to compose an interesting group.

I stayed by the island of grass by the stretch of water till they had quenched their thirst and headed up the hill away from me – rear views are generally of less interest, so I made my way out, and back to the car. As I set off the Pavilion-like building was lit beautifully, so my architectural instinct kicked in and I took a few views of this before  considering my photography had ended. Even then there was still one last series of shots to catch my eye, a swan was nesting in the reeds, and was busy with some housekeeping, so I tried to capture some shots of its labours. So my trip was rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment