Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 10 May 2020

A Marston Thrift Sunshine Visit

It was obviously very noticeable just how much effect the warm sunshine had on the Public’s desire to escape the confines of their homes, because this visit of mine encountered a full Car Park where around a week ago, only one other car entered to park when I arrived and when I came to leave on that occasion, mine was the only vehicle remaining.
In the main straight path, numerous small family groups passed me, as well as lone cyclists and a few singletons, in the main because having walked this route only recently, there were far less subjects of interest, so I was looking more closely for new subjects. Once I had completed the long tunnel of overarching trees and come out into the open, I chose the sinuous path that parallels the stream to see whether I might catch sight of the Squirrel I had encountered on earlier visits, but despite staying by its home tree for several minutes, I was not graced by its presence. 
I decided I would return via a parallel path to the small reed bed close to where I had left the wooded path earlier. I soon spotted a dragonfly darting from one of the taller reeds, and here was a subject that I definitely enjoyed trying to capture, also it was not a kind I had photographed before, and it was frequently on the move, so it meant the backgrounds would vary, as would the angle it would present itself to me.
The dragonfly soon grew bored of this area, and headed off elsewhere, and although I waited awhile in case others came along, seemingly that was it, so I moved on. Whilst I was walking alongside the grassy bank I spotted an intriguing plant for which I can find no name, so currently I have put out a call to my horticultural guru to learn whether she can enlighten me as to what it might be. I recognised the two stages in its life cycle due to its stem which I describe to myself as boxes, which stack themselves up along the central stem closed then when they have stacked enough they all then open to produce an abundance of fine green ‘hairs’ like a feather duster (on this occasion, Google was unable to elicit an answer for a name from my description!)
I was far more successful with this description for the butterfly whose name temporarily escaped me and so I entered the following description: ‘brown and orange winged butterfly with bifurcated wings’ — as soon as it came up, I realised that the name that had eluded me was one I would have known instantly normally, due to its link to punctuation — Comma! I am now trying to remove the inane grin from my face as I continue to complete this narrative!
One of the last images I took I have included was because I took advantage of the recently restored swing from a tree that I had decided to relax in; whilst I sat there I tried to capture the makeshift bridge, and due to the fading light the exposure was around one second, I then tried to create an attractive end result, and the third exposure is one that appealed! The swing had a habit of twisting, which gave quite that pleasing result.

No comments:

Post a Comment