Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 9 February 2011

John Miller – Handyman

In the winds of last week I lost my back gate and and part of my fence. John is well-known by my neighbours for his work, his reasonable prices, and his trustworthiness. So when I learned of the damage, I obtained his phone number and called him immediately. He was so busy that he would be unable to come and fix it till Wednesday, so with the winds forecast not to abate for three days, I was distinctly worried that unless I could do something to secure the gate itself, I would soon find myself once more having to fix the whole fence!

I jury-rigged a support eventually, by the use of a wheelie bin and and a judiciously placed brick. Far more fortunately the winds abated somewhat, and so the crudeness of my work was sufficient, and today, John arrived and set to removing the remnants of damaged fence and post, and started on the reconstruction and since I could not go out for fear of missing a delivery by City Link, I decided with John’s permission to capture the repair work for the blog. Only for a period of ten seconds or so did the sun come out!

I was at least some help as a spare pair of hands, but my most important task was to provide central heating in the form of mugs of hot tea! Not forgetting writing a cheque at the end of the work. The work is now completed; still no sign of the delivery and since the rescheduled visit came about whilst I went out to buy a roll for lunch, I shall probably have to forego that luxury today as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment