Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Hello?

It has always intrigued me in these days of online communication, why people come to my blog, how they learn about it in the first place, and also, whether it is read at all or if it is just to browse through the galleries.

In the comparatively short timespan that I have produced this blog, I have varied the content and emphasis, and tried as best I can to analyse its reception. I have observed that very few people have left comments, and these have mainly been left by friends and acquaintances.

I have generally found that visitor numbers have been primarily from the US – Has this been because we Brits are essentially considered to be 'quaint'? Or have those visitors been expatriate Brits who feel homesick?

Platform usage has swayed back and forth from Mac and PC, but overwhelmingly, been predominated by PC users.

I started the blog with two functions, one was to display a bulk of images to clients and prospects with ease, and the other was to occasionally bring photographic or digital items to the notice of others, the latter has definitely taken a backseat, because it has been easier to tackle issues of that nature directly with those beset by a specific problem or has been so narrow that it has been tackled elsewhere or lead to my visiting the client for one to one guidance.

I have always been a 'detail' man and I do not see that changing, so I often find myself arranging Skype, iChat, or Adobe Connect sessions with people, and these links have been all over the globe. I have contacts in Australia, the US, Malta, Provence, Tuscany, Paris, India, Germany, Scotland…

Where are you? Do reply in a comment to this entry, I am intrigued; also, how did you find me, what interested you, will you come again? Was it out of commercial interest, or recreational?

My eyes and ears are open…

No comments:

Post a Comment