Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Saturday 7 January 2012

1st 2012 Stockwood Discovery Centre Visit

Already the afternoon was drawing towards its end, the light and the clouds enticed me nevertheless to pay a visit to the Stockwood Discovery Centre despite my knowing there would be little to see, unless some squirrels were out moving nuts around.

I was wrong, the light made the difference, certainly there were few flowers to be seen, but leaves can still hold a fascination as can the play of light on trees and rooftops, I certainly there were never going to be a stream of images, but I did not come away from the visit empty-handed, and it was pleasantly mild now that the wind of the last few days had died down.

There were times when the sun shone strongly for a while, and on more than one occasion that was when children came into view, and this was one time when they were not welcome as the moments were fleeting, as I was concentrating on the scene, and I had no desire to court controversy by including them in the shots without permission; this meant in some instances my missing that particular shot and waiting patiently for a cloud to pass, and then the sky was less colourful than it had been.

Nevertheless, I was not entirely disappointed with what I found – the phrase that kept recurring whilst I was there was ‘remains of the day’.

No comments:

Post a Comment