Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Bank Holiday Monday at Marsworth

Learning that the weather on the New Year Bank Holiday was due to be bright, I prepared the night before by getting to bed somewhat earlier than is my wont – if I expected to sleep longer as a result, I was to be disillusioned, as I awoke long before the alarm! It was still very dark, but to get some idea of how long before I need to rise, I ventured to switch on the bedside light to learn it was three-thirty, so I closed my eyes tighter and woke finally to the alarm for six.

Only a white van with fishermen was parked upon my arrival at Marsworth reservoir, I nodded to them as I trudged past with my camera and tripod and headed through the woods and past the stream and the reed beds, and took a look at Startops from the hide. Both these reservoirs were still very low, although Tringford was a tad higher, but overall all three were the lowest I have seen for several years.

I setup just short of where the fork in the path was, because the gulls were constantly flying over this corner, which gave me a chance to stay in one place to endeavour to catch them in flight and taking off from the water with the 150-400mm Sigma, the sun was yet to rise, so there was little light making even shooting at 1600 ISO challenging – 1/100 sec at f/7.1, if I was lucky, then before the sun rose too high I grabbed some shots of it peeking over the hill with the fence in silhouette.

 A heron arrived and sat initially on a post close to the bank and would occasionally fly a circuit and return or rest on some other posts by the buoys and nets. there were also smaller birds nearby and a chaffinch found some nuts and seeds atop the waste bin affording me a few shots. I stuck around till ten o’clock, with frozen feet and ears from the biting wind, but I was happy I had some shots of interest from my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment