Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 16 July 2009

Dr Twigs Way Talk – Animals in the Garden

I arrived early at the British Schools Museum venue for the talk by Dr Twigs Way, and gave a hand with a few of the preparations and as it was very hot, I suggested that Terry Ransome lock the hall, and I would spend the intervening time keeping cool in my car, since it had air conditioning.

As I only intended to cool myself down then quietly read, I decided not to run the engine. What I had not anticipated was that I might nod off.

An indeterminate time later I came to and immediately turned everything off, but it was too late! My battery was as flat as it could possibly become; the clock gave a date of 00:00:1997, the radio read 'Safe'. Safe means I have to search for my entry code and reset it before I can hear Music or News on the move!

I pushed the car as high up the car park as possible and pushed it down again in what turned out to be a vain attempt to bump-start her. After the tenth time, by when I was reduced to a wet rag, I parked up and phoned the AA! However, I later cancelled that when I managed to find Terry had jump leads, she started first turn, so I gave her some three minutes of charge before starting to take photos of the guests.

A lemonade revived me and despite having cancelled the AA, I then got a call from the patrol man that he was ten minutes away – they forgot to pass the message on! I got on with the shooting, but after a delayed start hoping for more attendees, the talk began. And I learnt about some of our human idiosyncrasies when it comes to the keeping of animals within our gardens, large and small. The level of light was low, but I hope I have captured some of what took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment